Handler binding environment

    Date: 24 Mar 86 18:16:26 PST (Monday)
    From: Daniels.PA at Xerox.COM

    What handler bindings are in effect while a handler is running?

    There is an important invariant in the Symbolics and similar error
    systems: when a handler is running the "handler binding stack" is popped
    back to just after the binding that caused that handler to be called.
    Nothing like this is mentioned in the proposal. I think it should be.

Yes, this was intended and is just not made explicit in the proposal. I'll make
sure it gets into the next draft.
-kmp

ps Sorry for the delay in responding. Symbolics was off the network for a week
   and mail from the outside got all backed up.