Common Lisp LOOP construct

re: [type declarations for the USING variable in hash-table syntax]
    It looks like whichever variable gets relegated to the USING clause
    can't be given a type specifier.  Have I missed something?

Sigh, no Neil, it looks like "we" missed something.

What would you think of having an optional type-spec for the USING
variables in the FOR/AS syntaxes 6 and 7?  [see X3J13/89-004, p2-13].
The bnf for USING parts would then look like:

  [USING ({HASH-KEY | HASH-VALUE} <other-var> [type-spec])]

This would, of course, also apply to the package iterators.

-- JonL --