Re: Instance variables

is seems as if dave is confusing two issues:
	1) whether or not IVs of self should be references as
	   simple variables
	2) how active values should be implemented

suppose there were no AVs (or that dave's suggestion for AVs was
adopted). then there would be no "funny business" whether we accessed
an IV as a variable or by a function.

i'll save my coments on AVs until that discussion comes up.

not being familiar with FLAVORS, maybe someone could fill me in on
a base level: by going with referencing IVs of self as variables, isn't
the potential present of having a local var in a method with the same
name as a local IV? in FLAVORS, how is the name conflict problem
resolved?

	---jon---
-------