Re: CLOS

>   I'd rather not have to go through the code and
>   change all my defclasses.

My point is that it may be very important to change just SOME of the
defclasses to use a different metaclass.  If one wanted to change the
metaclass for an entire file I guess you could suround the entire source
with a macrolet that redefined defclass.

Users need only understand that there is a set of metaclasses which make
different performance tradeoffs some of which interfere with incremental
compilation or extension.