Re: Pavel's Comments

    Date: Fri, 23 Oct 87 11:34:04 PDT
    From: Pavel.pa@Xerox.COM

    If you don't like using the number 3, how about ``at least
    in code compiled under the highest compiler safety optimization level''?

This sounds right to me.

On the adjust-array example, I would certainly oppose redefining
adjust-array of an array created with :adjustable nil to be "the results
are undefined" rather than "may be extended" as it is now.  However, I
think Dick is right that there may be some circumstances in which
extensions should be forbidden, and I am certain that he is right that
we should stop confounding "the results are undefined" with "may be
extended."