Environment-arguments, MACRO-FUNCTION-ENVIRONMENT

Moon (on CLOS list):
"We need to note somewhere that SYMBOL-FUNCTION, FBOUNDP, and
FMAKUNBOUND take an optional environment argument, just like
ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION, SYMBOL-CLASS, CBOUNDP, and CMAKUNBOUND.
This is necessary to be able to find a generic function object,
given its name, in the compile environment.  FMAKUNBOUND may
be just for consistency, but FBOUNDP and SYMBOL-FUNCTION are to
allow ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION to work."

Related issues were discussed at some length on CL-CLEANUP. If someone
wants to write this up for cleanup, I have a file of the discussion
(under GET-SETF-METHOD-ENVIRONMENT in Jan-87 and ENVIRONMENT-ARGUMENTS
in April 87).

There seems to be a number of separable issues, but separating them is
difficult. Volunteers appreciated.