Date: Fri, 23 Oct 87 19:34 EDT
From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: More on Class names
To: Common-Lisp-Object-System@sail.stanford.edu

    Date: 23 Oct 87 15:42 PDT
    From: Danny Bobrow <Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM>

    It should be stated in chapter one that a many-one association from
    symbols to classes is implemented by symbol-class and (setf
    symbol-class). An INDEPENDENT association from class to symbol is
    maintained by class-name and (setf class-name).  Neither of these setf
    functions effects the other association.  defclass is specified to do
    both (setf symbol-class) and (setf class-name).

I agree.