Re: symbol-macrolet

       I suppose we should say explicitly that the symbol macros are recorded
       in the macroexpansion environment so that macroexpand-1 of a symbol
       which is a symbol-macro will expand it.

       In the text in my draft, this would correspond to including something
       like the following in remarks.

       Within the body of symbol-macrolet the macroexpansion environment is
       augmented to include a symbol-macro definition for the symbol.  When
       given the symbol and the environment as arguments, macroexpand-1 will
       return the expansion.  This means that a macro which appears in the
       scope of symbol-macrolet can use macroexpand-1 to determine whether or
       not a symbol names a symbol macro; this is particularly useful for
       macros which want to determine whether or not their argument is a
       symbol.

It sounds good.
Patrick.