Re: Remarks about Comments on Latest Draft Documents

     At this point I believe that compelling arguments must be made for even
     small changes. There is no tradition of using non-symbols for names in
     Lisp.

Actually there is, function specs are an example of this.  The
motivation for non symbol names in CLOS comes from the fact that we can
deal with first class objects.  Naming can be seen as a reflection of
the access path to the object.  Some implementations may arrange this
name so it can be used for reading as well.  I don't propose that we
adopt anything like that, I am saying that the motivation is there.  I
wouldn't like that we explicitly disallow non symbol names.

Patrick.