Re: Type-checking of slot values

    Date: Wed, 27 Jan 88 13:25:12 PST
    From: kempf%hplabsz@hplabs.HP.COM

    I had, at one time,
    proposed a set of primitives to freeze the class structure about a certain
    class, but there appeared to be little or no interest in this idea, and it
    somehow got dropped. This would allow an instance implementation with one level
    of indirection, but attempts to change the class would signal an error.

I'm interested in this, and think it should not be dropped.  I'm just not
interested in personally contributing to writing it up, since I have no
expertise in this area and plenty of other things to do instead.  I'd
like to encourage you to keep pursuing it.