Comments on most recent draft: Chap 1 and 2

    Date: Thu, 4 Feb 88 14:46:35 PST
    From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>
    re: But, haven't we already extended symbol-function to take lists of the
	form (setf fn) as an argument.  If not, how do we get hold of setf
	generic-functions?
    I don't recall how the recent discussions on this mailing list suggested
    to do it.

This was in a cleanup proposal which the Cleanup committee already approved,
submitted to X3J13 in November, and was approved by X3J13 at that time.  I
wasn't there, so I don't know for sure what happened, but I don't think
there was any voting.  Perhaps there was some kind of verbal approval.
Anyway my point is that this is as settled an issue as any issue can be
and there's a place where the answer is written down.  I don't have a copy
of it myself or I'd send it to you.