Re: (re)initialization revisited

The problem I have with your proposal is that as I see it, the four
concepts are really different concepts.  I think it would be a mistake
to combine them.

Even though programmers don't call class-changed or
update-instance-structure, it is easy to imagine that a programmer would
want to do a different thing to an instance in these two cases.  The
cases really are different and programs will want to be sensitive to
that difference.

There is of course a lot of similarity.  The major thrust of the
proposal Danny and I mailed out was to point out the similarity in their
behavior and isolate it in a common subroutine.  All the stuff about the
flags and stuff is secondary.  I don't think any further collapsing of
these concepts will be a good idea though.
-------