Re: CLOS, and slot hiding.

    Date: Fri, 8 Apr 88 09:11 est
    From: mike%acorn@oak.lcs.mit.edu (mike@gold-hill.com any day now)

    So much for the "open" philosophy issue. As for it being "hard" to implement,

No one said anything it being or not being hard to implement.  The issue is that
it is hard to design.  There are complicated issues which would have to be
resolved.  A standardization committee is the wrong place to do the research
to resolve those issues.  My gut feeling is that once there was a design, it would
not be especially difficult to implement, but since I don't know what the design
is, that's only a feeling.