Re: Reinitialization

    Date: Wed, 20 Apr 88 23:51 EDT
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    I think there is a little more technical fleshing out to be done before
    this is reduced to purely editorial work, but it looks plausible.

    Do any of the other committee members have an opinion on this?  Are we
    going overboard on generality, or is this a good change that makes the
    language more consistent and hence easier to understand?

I believe we should go ahead and do this.  It is clearly an improvement
to chapter 1+2, and should be treated as such.

How should this be handled?  Dick and Linda, do you want to take a stab
at incorporating this?  I assume the minor editorial comments from Kathy
Chapman have already be incorporated.

How should we handle the other comments?  I am willing to take half of
them and draft replies.  Dave, would you be willing to draft replies to
the rest?  For any that we have problems on, we can get help from the
rest of the list. Then we can put them all together and send it out with
the
-------