is what should the name of that generic function be.

    Date: Fri, 29 Apr 88 14:30 PDT
    From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM

    One of the comments we received complained that there was no defined
    protocol for what happened when call-next-method was called and there
    was no next method....

    Moon said:

    NO-NEXT-METHOD is a more consistent name.  I don't understand what method
    you propose it would receive as an argument; I think it should receive the
    same arguments as NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD.

    Gregor said:

    I agree that no-next-method is a better name.  The method I propose it
    receive as an argument is the currently executing method.

I think what you mean is more precisely stated as: the method that
created the local definition of call-next-method that had no next
method.  Because closures of call-next-method can be passed around
as funargs, this may not be the currently executing method at the
time NO-NEXT-METHOD is called.

    Date: Mon, 2 May 88  09:33:56 CDT
    From: Patrick H Dussud <DUSSUD@Jenner.csc.ti.com>

    I think the concept of NO-NEXT-METHOD is fine. I don't have any
    opinions about the method argument. I'd like to see David's objection
    to it.

I withdraw my objection now that I understand what the argument is.