Initialization Names

    Date: Thu, 5 May 88 10:01 EDT
    From: Sonya E. Keene <skeene@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: 04 May 88  2302 PDT
	From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

	It seems that the confusion between initialize-new-instance and
	initialize-instance is too much to bear. How about renaming
	as follows:

	initialize-new-instance => initialize-instance
	initialize-instance => shared-initialize

    I vote in favor of these names.   Adding "shared" to the name will clear
    up a lot of confusion.

Is there a risk of programmers thinking shared-initialize has something
to do with shared slots?  (I checked that 88-002 really uses the term
"shared slot" since I couldn't remember if we had switched to a different
term or not.)  Would "common" be better than "shared", or would that
stimulate confusion with the "common" in "Common Lisp"?