Plan Comments

The plan looks fine to me, with Danny's corrections.

    Date: 06 May 88  1455 PDT
    From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

    Danny writes:

    ``Remember that find-class must take an optional environment argument.
    (defun find-class (name &optional no-error environment) ...)''

    Yep, that's my plan message.

??.  The copy of your plan message I received didn't say anything about
a third argument.

BTW I disagree with Danny's tacit suggestion here to change
&optional (error-p t) to &optional (no-error nil).  Our experience
is that people get very confused if the error-p arguments aren't
all the same sense.

    Danny again:

    ``What about the suggestion about get-method ==> find-method ?''

    The criticism that there might be cases when you have the method in
    hand that you want to flush from a generic function is one to consider.
    Until that's thought through I'm waiting on this proposed change.

I don't think I understand this comment.  If what you mean is that
(setf (find-method ...) nil) can't replace everything that remove-method
can do, I agree but I thought the proposal was to have both of them.