Re: declare in with-slots

I'm not sure I understand what all the fuss is about. Currently in
Common Lisp, the following is not allowed;

	(multiple-value-bind (x y z)
	  (declare (fixnum x y z))
	  (multiple-return-value-function a b c)

	)

Seems to me with-slots and with-accessors falls into the same category.
It would, of course, be nice to be able to do the above, just as it
would for with-slots, but the following also works in at least one
CL I've used:

	(multiple-value-bind (x y z)
	  (multiple-return-value-function a b c)

	  (locally
	    (declare (fixnum x y z))

	  )
	)

As to people not liking with-slots because it is Yet Another Scoping
Mechanism, I feel the same about the multiple value constructs, but
some people like them.

		jak