Re: Issue: EVAL-OTHER (Version 2)

    Date: 8 Oct 88 16:40 PDT
    From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    The official procedure for participating in the Common Lisp Standardization
    effort is through your representitive to the X3J13 committee.

    While we're willing to accept proposals from the community at large,
    there's a large amount of work involved in the actual creation of the
    standard, and a fair amount of context.

Well, I guess I'm part of the "community at large" but let me make one
inflammatory comment...

w/o generic EVAL or APPLY, CLOS is just a bag on the side of CL. It seems to
me the better approach is to make CLOS the language, and "traditional" CL
the subset. I know I would be a lot happier (as a heavy user of CL) that
way. I'd be happy to write this up as a formal proposal if that is what's
needed, but I don't really know what to do... edit Issue: EVAL-OTHER and
make it version 3, or do something else?

Asbestos suit on.

----
Brad Miller		U. Rochester Comp Sci Dept.
miller@cs.rochester.edu {...allegra!rochester!miller}