Re: DEFSTRUCT and DEFCLASS

>     whether
>       (DEFSTRUCT ... (:METACLASS STRUCTURE-CLASS))
>     is legal and, if so, just what it means.
>
> Did anyone ever give satisfactory answers to your question about this?

No one ever responded to that message, but I did discuss it with Patrick
-- he felt that this didn't need to be supported until the metaclass
protocol was better defined.  I did notice since then, though, that the
working draft standard, March 21, page 2-5, says that "The :METACLASS
option is reserved for future use; an implementation can be extended to
make use of the :metaclass option."  That seems to answer the question as
far as the standard is concerned, but I feel uneasy about having that
sneaked in without discussion.