Proposed de facto standard subset of metaobjects

    Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 14:30:30 PST
    From: David Gray <gray@lucid.com>

Thanks for the Explorer information, and I hope that someone from TI
will confirm or correct it.  I only have access to Explorer release 5,
not release 6, right now, so I haven't been able to check myself what
names were chosen in TI-CLOS.

One clarification:

    > NON-ANSI-STANDARD SYMBOLS EXPORTED BY THE CLOS PACKAGE, ONLY IN
    > COMMON LISP IMPLEMENTATIONS THAT HAVE LOCATIVES:

    >   SLOT-DEFINITION-LOCATORS                   CLOS generic function
    >   STANDARD-LOCATOR-METHOD                    class name

    The Explorer supports locatives, but I don't recognize what these names
    would mean.  The Explorer permits defining methods on generic functions
    named (LOCF SLOT-VALUE), (LOCF SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS), etc, by analogy to
    (SETF ...) generic functions.

SLOT-DEFINITION-LOCATORS is like SLOT-DEFINITION-WRITERS, and
STANDARD-LOCATOR-METHOD is like STANDARD-WRITER-METHOD, except
that they involve functions named (LOCF reader) instead of
functions named (SETF reader).

These probably exist in TI-CLOS, although I don't know whether they
have the same names spelled the same way.