Proposed de facto standard subset of metaobjects

    Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 15:16:16 PST
    From: David Gray <gray@lucid.com>

    the Explorer doesn't have these because locatives don't have
    a DEFCLASS slot option comparable to :READER and :WRITER; an explicit
    DEFMETHOD using (LOCF (SLOT-VALUE ...)) would be required.  Since few people
    use locatives, I don't think it would be worthwhile for :ACCESSOR to imply
    automatically creating a LOCF method as well as a SETF method.

The way we did it, :ACCESSOR does what the CLOS standard says, and if you
want a LOCF method, you have to use :LOCATOR (an extension to the language).
I agree that locatives are not heavily used.