CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CLIM

    Date: Thu, 11 Oct 90 14:37 PDT
    From:     TYSON@SUNSET.AI.SRI.COM (Mabry Tyson)

    Hi Richard....

Hi, Mabry.  Long time no see.

    We have some code that we've had on the Symbolics that we're going to port
    to the Sun (and run on both).  Currently we've got CLIM from Franz for 30
    days to check it out.  We've signed a Beta Test agreement through Lucid for
    Clim but haven't gotten a tape.  The local Symbolics salesman says Clim won't
    be out for beta test on Symbolics until, say, January.

We can probably lend or sell you a copy of the 0.9 CLIM for Genera
immediately.

    Anyway, I'm trying to muddle my way through doing things with the version
    0.9 docs (9/26) and things sometimes don't work (Gosh, really?!).

What a surprise.

    The stuff we got via Franz doesn't have any bug-reporting address.  I can
    imagine you guys have gobs of things you already know need cleaning up but,
    if there is a mailing list to discuss things ("I want highlighting menus and
    I was trying to do it this way...") or an address to report bugs (but then
    maybe they are supposed to go through the vendor), I'd like to know about
    it.

I think there's a Franz address where you can send bug reports.
Internally, we send things to Bug-CLIM@ILA.COM, but that may be old
information (I've been gone for a week and a half).

    You know, when you don't have a good map and it is unexplored territory, you
    keep falling off the edge of the world...

		    Mabry

I sympathize completely.  We had to agree with Franz that they could
keep us from delivering sources.  However, it might be possible to pass
them to you under the table, as I did when I was at SMBX

0, answered,,