CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A Kinder Gentler Event Loop

    Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 16:32:15 PST
    From: Mike Shaff <shaff@rpal.rockwell.com>

    Can you help us Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Obi-Wan gone.  Now only Yoda.  Yoda help?  There is no try.  There is
"do", and "not do".

Two things:

First, it's time to see RepoMan again, since a couple days ago the
Silica camp started discussing rationalizing, documenting, etc, etc, the
event subsystem.  I'm not sure what to tell you for the short term using
0.9.

Second, it is this type of thing (especially with customer feedback)
that is part of the unification of the spec that will unify the
Symbolics and the Silica versions of CLIM.

In regards to the functionality you are trying to get: it took me a
while to unite "events" with "input events."  At first I thought you
just wanted timers that ran little pieces of code at periodic intervals
or when the clock stuck 2.  Then I noticed you wanted "events" to be
synthesized for a frame?  Or do you want events to be synthesized for a
port?  I'm not sure what you are trying to do or what your higher level
goal is.

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index