CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

two clim questions

    Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1991 07:42 EDT
    From:     Rainer Koenig <king@fzi.uka.de>

    1. Question:

    When I "present" a line (in CLIM) using presentation types and try
    to "accept" it, all the functions work well.

    But when I "present" a line in a scaled environment, the function
    "accept" seems to be pure chance.
    I think that the origin of this problem lies in the projection of the
    original coordinates to the scaled coordinates.
    The functions in CLIM use the scaled coordinates (normally not integer
    values, but coordinates like (12.34 | 7.75)), but when we use the mouse
    we only get integer coordinates. So the concruency of mouse coordinates
    and scaled coordinates is only given in some special cases (which happens
    when the scaled coordinates and the mouse coordinates are the same).

    Therfore I wonder if I made a mistake or if, possibly, there is a bug in
    CLIM.

    (I tried this with CLIM of ILA and SYMBOLICS)

Could you please forward a small test case?

I also don't understand how it is that you have "Symbolics" CLIM.  Did you
get it via Symbolics GmbH?  What version of Symbolics CLIM are you using
(what does :Show Herald tell you)?

    2. Question

    I now want to draw a picture in a scrollable pane, which exceeds the
    boundaries. So I'm now looking for some functions/methods

    - in order to get the coordinates of the visible part
    - which indicate us the cases when the scrollbar has been used.

CLIM:WINDOW-VIEWPORT will return a rectangle object that corresponds to the
visible region in the output history.  You can use WITH-BOUNDING-RECTANGLE*
on WINDOW-VIEWPORT to get the four values corresponding to the left, top,
right, and bottom coordinates of the viewport.

I have no idea what you mean by the second part of the question.  What is
it you are trying to do?

    Rainer Koenig                                               rkoenig@fzi.uka.de
    Forschungszentrum Informatik                                king@fzi.uka.de
    an der Universitaet Karlsruhe
    Abtl. Technische Expertensysteme und Robotik
    Haid-und-Neu-Strasse 10-14                      Fax : (+49 | 0) 721 / 6906-309
    D - 7500 Karlsruhe 1                            Tel.: (+49 | 0) 721 / 6906-313

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index