CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bitmaps

>    Date: Tue, 25 Jun 91 14:37:00 CDT
>    From: David Neves <neves@ils.nwu.edu>
>
>    In CLIM 1.0.
>
>    I would like to have bitmapped buttons.
>
>    Suppose I had some Lisp code to put up a bitmap.  I would now like to have
>    CLIM know that this bitmap is on the screen so that I could define a
>    presentation-to-command translator.  How can I do this?
>
>In general, anything you can draw can be a presentation.  Surround the
>code which does the output with WITH-OUTPUT-AS-PRESENTATION.
>
>  (with-output-as-presentation (:stream window :object 'button :type 'my-button)
>    (render-button window))
>
>where RENDER-BUTTON actually does the drawing you want.

I don't think this can be true because CLIM does not know the primitives
that I am using to draw the bitmap (I am using some Windows 3.0 calls).
With-output-as-presentation should only work with accepted drawing
primitives shouldn't it?  My guess is that I have to get CLIM to know about
the bitmap -- its position, extent, and how it can be reproduced (in case
of movement).

0,,