CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Panes in arbitrary positions - need some help please

Hi,

could some nice soul tell me how to build a layout with several panes
in arbitrary positions (non-tiled!) such as in the picture below:

+------------------------------+
|                              |
|  +------+     +------------+ |
|  |pane-1| <-- | pane-2     | |
|  +------+     |            | |
|               +------------+ |
|      +-----+                 |
|      |     |                 |
|      +-----+                 |
+------------------------------+

I played around with the spacing and tabling macros, but since there
is not much documentation in the manual (p. 85) I don't extactly get
what I want. (E.g.  the :valign :top option for panes does not work
within the tabling macro.)

I have CLIM 0.9 for Allegro. Is there a solution which will be compatible
with Allegro CLIM 1.0 ? I'd like to migrate at least some of my work to
this new release without having to reprogram.

       thanx a lot for any reply.   - Daniel

Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,
1211 Geneva 4 (Switzerland), Tel.(..41)22 705 7652, Fax. (..41) 22 20 29 27.

Internet:   schneide@divsun.unige.ch  (and various national nets)    | if reply
CSnet/ARPA: schneide%divsun.unige.ch@relay.cs.net   (old style)      | does not
X400:       S=schneide;OU=divsun;O=unige;PRMD=switch;ADMD=arcom;C=ch | work,
uucp:       mcvax!cui!divsun.unige.ch!shneider                       | try one
BITNET:     schneide@cgeuge51                                        | of
DECNET:     UGUN2A::SCHNEIDE (local Swiss)                           | these

0,,