CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Text Input under OpenLook We have a CLIM application that works fine under X11R4, and twm (Lucid 4.0, CLIM 0.9, Sun 2). However, under olwm mouse input works fine, but when one goes to type in a string (in response to an AVV window, say) it just beeps.

    I've used xprop to look at the window properties, which seem similar to
    other applications (xgif, xedit) that work fine.  Any suggestions?

I was able to fix the problem by setting the following X resource:

	OpenWindows.FocusLenience:	True

Note that you need to restart the window manager for it to take note of the new
value.  I believe the problem has to do with conventions for windows that accept
input.  It should be possible to fix the problem by setting some sort of X
attribute on the window, but I was not able to get that to work.

tim.blackman@analog.com

0,,