CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Redisplay of a changing (and growing) list

    Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1992 13:31 CST
    From: "William (Bill" <waarbau@tycho.ncsc.mil>, "Arbaugh)"@BBN.COM

    Does anyone know how to use incremental redisplay with a list
    that not only will be changing (items exchanging places) but
    is also growing inside an application frame?  For example, this
    works in a CLIM window (modified example from documentation):
    However when I modify it to "work" with an application frame, each
    new item appears but the old ones disappear!  Here's the jest of the code:

Hmm.  Your symptom sounds a lot like one I'm looking into (also on
Genera).  If I run the example below in a CLIM Listener, the initial
output of NOW IS should change into NOW HI-THERE, but instead becomes
simply HI-THERE.

(defun show-column (&optional (lst '(now is)) (stream *standard-output*))
  (let ((record
	  (clim:updating-output (stream)
	    (clim:with-output-as-presentation (:stream stream
					       :object lst)
	      (clim:formatting-item-list (stream)
		(dolist (elem lst)
		  (clim:formatting-cell (stream)