CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

presentation-replace-output & clim:*command-unparser*

I'm using CLIM 1.0 and MCL 2.0b1p3 and have two questions.

The first concerns presentation-replace-output. I have the following code:

(clim:presentation-replace-input stream chosen-object type clim-view
                            :buffer-start (1- (clim::input-position stream)))
; OBS! I'm using a undocumented clim function  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The function is documented to have a :buffer-start keyword which tells
which part of the buffer to replace. The default is
(clim::input-position stream), but I want to erase the last character,
hence the use of 1-. The problem is that clim::input-position is
undocumented, can I have the same effect using a documented function.
It seems strange to document the keyword argument when there is no
useful documented way of using it.

The second question concerns unparsing commands. I read commands
myself and want to echo them using the standard unparser:

(funcall clim:*command-unparser* (clim:find-command-table
                                    (clim:frame-command-table frame))
                                  stream command)

However, I get an error:

> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type
CLIM::PRESENTATION-TYPE-SPECIFIER.
> While executing: CLIM:EXPAND-PRESENTATION-TYPE-ABBREVIATION
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the RestartsI menu item for further choices.
1 >

The backtrace reveals a call to clim:present that somehow gets nil as
the type specifier. A have checked that the command given to the
unparser is a legal command. Am I using the clim:*command-unparser*
wrong? In case, what should I do? Bug? Where?

Thanks for your attention, Hallvard

Hallvard Traetteberg
Dept. of Knowledge Based Systems
Center for Industrial Research