CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

run commands from outside command loop?

    Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1992 11:28 EDT
    From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

	Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 15:47 EDT
	From: "Keith J. Swanson" <swanson@seldon.arc.nasa.gov>

	Is there some programmatic way for one clim app (or more generally,
	any code in another process) to cause a command to be executed in
	a different clim app?

    There are two choices right now:

     (1) Modify the top-level loop of the receiving CLIM application to look
	 at some sort of "mail box".
     (2) Find the input buffer for the receiving CLIM application and insert
	 an "accept result" into the input buffer.  (An interested hacker
	 with CLIM sources could consult clim/interactive-protocol.lisp to
	 figure out how to do this.)

    Some of us have discussed adding some sort of support for this in CLIM II.

Chris Richardson tells me he has implemented (2), so I guess that means
this will be part of CLIM II.