CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

selective accepts

This is probably a simple question but I'm having trouble with accept using
genera 8.1 and clim 1.1.  I have a number of different objects displayed which
all use the same presentation type.  When I start a certain activity, which
allows the user to select a series of nodes in a graph, I want to have only
those nodes which are directly connected to the last node be mouse sensative.
I also don't want the lines which connect the nodes to be mouse sensitve even
though they use the same presentation type as the nodes.

The accept statement looks like this`
   (accept '((class :connected-with last-node)...

The parameters are used correctly because when you've been prompted to make a
selection if you hit the help key you get a list of only the directly connected
nodes.  Unfortunetly all of the objects are mouse sensitive if you move the
mouse over them.

I checked and determined that both presentation-typep and presentation-subtypep
are returning the correct values, ie when the mouse moves over an object other
than the nearest nodes presentation-typep returns nil and presentation subtypep
returns (nil,t).

I'd appreciate any help, also I'd like to know what I can modify to control
which objects are hightlited when the mouse moves over them.  I thought that was
partially controlled by accept and presentation-typep but I guess I was wrong.

thanks for any help.