CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Updating the screen from a separate process

I have a multi-process clim application.  The main process uses clim to
interact with the user.  A second process accepts data from an external
source and updates the internal data structures that the first process
uses to paint the screen.

Whenever the second process gets new data, I would like it to call the
display-function that the first process uses.  Unfortunately, such a
call is apparently incompatible with the normal call to the
display-function from the first process; the screen gets completely
messed up.

An alternative would be for the second process to have some way of
triggering a display cycle in the first process.  I don't know how to do
that.  Does anyone?  Thanks.

-- Russ Abbott