CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

accepting-values

I am having some infuriating problems with clim:accepting-values.  I'm not
sure what version i am running, but it is the one that comes with Genera 8.1.

I am trying to pop up a simple dialog box each time my program receives
an Operator Information Message from the outside.  The box will contain
the source of the message, the message, and must accept a response string,
if the message indicates that a response is required.  If no response is
required, the operator will simply select OK or EXIT and the popup window
should go away.   If a response is required, the user MUST supply a string
response (i don't care what he responds, but at least one character would
be required) then pick OK.  THe response message will then be sent to the
source.

My problems are two-fold:
(1) I would like to use :own-window, but don't know what to use for stream.
You must provide stream as the first argument and *query-io*, t, etc. don't
work (no method error).  I finally used the root window as stream.  That
worked, but i don't know if it is the *correct* way.

(2) ABORT is NEVER an acceptable response to this window; how do i define
accepting-values so that it will only print one exit box?  I've tried
defining only :exit in the :exit-boxes option, i've tried defining the
string associated with :abort as NIL, all to no avail.  How do i get rid
of ABORT?
-- the only solution i've come up with is to redisplay the popup if abort
is chosen, but this is a major yucky solution.

--Robin

0,,