CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

multiple processes

Our application uses two processes.  One process runs the interface and the
other does a bunch of calculations.  Both processes write out to the same pane.`
Occasionally we get output that overwrites existing text in the scrolling pane.
Some quick testing seems to indicate that the problem occurs when the pane
seems to be unaware of the text the background process has written to the pane
when it writes some new text from the foreground application to the pane.

Before we spend a lot of time working on this I was wondering if anyone knew if
CLIM is supposed to support multiple processes writing to the same window?

If it does then I'll have to search elsewhere for the bug but if it doesn't then
I have to implement a new approach anyway.

Thanks for any help.

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index