CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[naha@riverside.scrc.symbolics.com: CLIM Listener]

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1992 11:44 EDT
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@riverside.scrc.symbolics.com>
Subject: CLIM Listener
To: jcma@reagan.ai.mit.edu, naha@riverside.scrc.symbolics.com
cc: customer-reports@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com
File-References: AI|B:>Feature>8-1-1>code>variable-definers.lisp.newest

    Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1992 19:53 EDT
    From: John C. Mallery <jcma@reagan.ai.mit.edu>

	Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1992 10:05 EDT
	From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	    Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1992 17:45 EDT
	    From: John C. Mallery <jcma@reagan.ai.mit.edu>

	    [...]

	    It would be really nice if the command and key bindings were comparable to the
	    dynamic window lisp listeners in order make the CLIM listener really good
	    debugging tool -- perhaps even a toplevel command processor in other
	    environments.  This feature alone would be a strong draw for CLIM in many
	    impoverished environments, providing insulation from lossage.

	If you're referring to the use rnterface for the debugger, I think that
	it's the same debugger and will therefore have the same user interface.

	    [...]
    No, I was referring to the input editor commands and the the general commands in
    DW lisp listeners, i.e. the DW user commands table.

You might suggest this on clim@bbn.com.  People who maintain CLIM for
those "impoverished environments" read that list and might take your
suggestion under advisement.  The Symbolics CLIM development staff is
much to busy with issues that are more importantthan adding more
functionality to the input editor.

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index