CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TRACKING-POINTER question

I have an application in which I use a TRACKING-POINTER form to draw
cross-hairs (which move with the mouse) over rectangular
presentations.  As long as I move the mouse slowly, the cross-hair
animation works fine (erase where you were, draw where you are now).
However, when I move the mouse quickly from one rectangular
presentation to another, garbage lines appear in seemingly random
places in the pane I'm tracking.

I'm confident my animation code is working correctly --- it seems like
some timing problem internal to the TRACKING-POINTER macro itself.
I've tried things like placing (SLEEP N) forms at the end of the
animation loop, without success.  I realize my description is vague
without actual code, but getting the code to work outside of its context
would require quite an effort at this point.  I'm running CLIM 1.1
with Genera 8.1.1.

Any suggestions or ideas?

-- Rodney

Rodney Daughtrey           E-mail: rodney@hsvaic.boeing.com
Huntsville AI Center               {major site}!uw-beaver!bcsaic!hsvaic!rodney
Boeing Computer Services   Voice:  (205)-464-4931  Fax: (205)-464-4930

0,,