CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Incremental display of a growing graph?

   Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1992 10:08:10 -0700
   From: mittal@isi.edu

   Hello!

     I've got a graph that we would like to display as it grows
     incrementally (as children of a node get generated). If it is
     possible to do this with the clim:format-graph-from-root, I would be
     very grateful to hear about it.

     If format-graph-from-root cannot be used, I would like to know if it
     is possible to generate output to a window and cause the window to
     center the object being displayed. For instance, in the code below,
     the circles drawn in the graph window go past the edge of the window
     and one has to use the scroll bars to see the rest. Is it possible
     to make the window scroll by itself?

In general, you can certainly use window-set-viewport-position* to
scroll the window, and you could inquire about the coordinates of
whatever object you'd like to be centered and scroll to center it.  In
this case, you could modify the draw routine for the objects displayed
in the graph to scroll the window as the objects are displayed, or
after the last one displayed in a set.

jjc

0,,