CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

selecting items in a menu

I am new CLIM user and am faced with a problem I cannot figure out.
I am using:
    CLIM 1.0 under Genera 8.1.1 (8640)
    CLIM 1.1 under Lucid 4.0.2 (Sparcstation)
    CLIM 1.1 under CLOE 4.0 (MS-DOS 5.0)

The problem is that I cannot seem to make an object selectable
on a CLIM menu. The program uses clim:define-application-frame
to generate the main menu (with its own command-table). I have
been able to have the user select from available options, then
using popup-menus refine the appropriate action, and finally
using clim:define presentation-method print out the results to
a clim window (generated through clim:open-window-stream).
(subset of code given below.) When the results have been printed,
the user should have the option of selecting directly from one
of formated objects (for example, if print out a contract, one of
the items printed is the route it is scheduled on, thus I would
like the route object to be selectable and print out that route's
information), or return to the main menu and select a different
(top-level action). Currently, only the latter has been achieved.
I have used clim:define-command and clim:define-presentation-to-
command-translator (as well as the formating function). However,
I cannot get the items in the "result" window to be selectable.
(I have tried using the same command table as well as different
command tables for the main menu and output window).

Thanks!!!!!!

--ben
E-mail: bjm@utrc.utc.com

;;; Main application menu
(clim:define-application-frame ISMA (clim:application-frame)
    ()
  (:panes ((isma-menu :command-menu)
           (isma-interaction :interactor :end-of-line-action :wrap
                             :end-of-page-action :scroll :scroll-bars
                             :both :vsp 3)))
  (:layout ((ISMA-COMMAND
               (:column 1 (isma-menu :compute)
                          (isma-interaction :rest)  )))))

(defun Make-ISMA-Application-Frame ()
   (setq *ISMA-APPLICATION-FRAME*
         (clim:make-application-frame 'isma :pretty-name "ISMA" :parent
                        *ISMA-ROOT* :left 5 :top 5 :height 150 :width 400))
)

;;; The output window is created with:
    (clim:open-window-stream :parent *ISMA-ROOT*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index