CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fixed size application frames in X

Your message dated: Thu, 19 Nov 92 07:42:51 PST

>: I asked this question a week ago and got no response, so I'll try one more
   time.  This is within CLIM 1.1 at present!

   Is there a way in CLIM to have your application frame come up as a fixed
   size X-window (one the user can't resize) even if the user's X environment
   permits window resizing.

   I don't want to allow the user to "tweak" my CLIM frame size attributes!

(setf (xlib::window-override-redirect
	(slot-value
	       (clim:frame-top-level-window *application-frame*)
	       'clim::window))
	:on)

This should do it. You should do this when the window is not visible.
Otherwise you'll have to hide and show the window. So you can make the
function call before the call to run-top-level-frame.

You may have to force the display for the changes to take effect:

(xlib::display-force-output
 (slot-value (window-parent (frame-top-level-window *application-frame*))
		'clim::display))

Hope this helps.

Riad

0,,