CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fixed size application frames in X

    Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1992 19:02 EST
    From: Clinton Hyde <chyde@chesapeake.ads.com>

    I have a different CLX question...

    Sparc 2
    Allegro 4.1
    CLIM 1.1 	(soon to be 2.0beta, hoo-ray!)
    Motif 1.1.something

    when I iconify a window, I get a boxy-looking thing:

    +-------------+
    |             |
    | +--+  +--+  |
    | |  |  |  |  |
    | |  |  |  |  |
    | +--+  +--+  |
    |             |
    |             |
    | +--+  +--+  |
    | |  |  |  |  |
    | |  |  |  |  |
    | +--+  +--+  |
    |             |
    +-------------+
    | emacs@host  |

    except of course it's square... I want to replace this with a
    different, application-specific icon.

    how can this be done? a friend here says that it's actually a separate
    window, which has a bitmap drawn in it. so how do I get to that
    window? how do I cause it to draw and refresh?

I don't know how to do this is CLIM 1.1, but CLIM 2.0 has ways to set
window manager attributes, one of which is a pixmap that will be used
for the iconify icon.  You use the :ICON initarg to specify this.

0,,