CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Interrupting a process with a pointer press

   Date: Mon, 30 Nov 92 12:05:03 -0500
   From: Sigalit Yom-Tov <sigalit@quicksand.lrdc.pitt.edu>

   I am trying to write an application that prints a line to the window at
   regular intervals, unless the mouse button is pressed, in which case it
   goes off and does something else. Is there an easy way to do this via
   CLIM, or do I have to dive into the world of multitasking?

There is no supported way, but the following internal function will
do the trick.  Note that you have to be running a CLIM input loop
somewhere (e.g. at least calling READ-CHAR if not the command top
level) in order for the button state transitions to be tracked.

(clim::pointer-button-state (stream-primary-pointer win))

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index