CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Drawing DAG's

We want to develop a user interface for our terminological knowledge
representation system (KRIS) in LISP. One of the main features of this
system is to compute a hierarchy of concepts, the so-called concept
hierarchy.

When trying to display this hierarchy (which is a directed acyclic
graph) using the GARNET program several problems occurred:
The layout function seems to produce good output only for trees but
not for dags. Especially links cross both nodes and other links.
Furthermore, some of the nodes on one and the same level in the dag
have been displayed on extremely different x-positions on the
screen.

Is there any possibility to draw dags such that these problems do
not occur with other Common Lisp/X Interfaces?

Especially, we are interested in building up the dag
incrementally, i.e., displaying one (or more stages) of the dag
initially, and displaying further portions of the graph by
mouse-clicks on displayed nodes.

Best wishes
Michael Fritzen