CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1.1 dissappearing text ...

hmm .....

> It appears in a context where we are using both
> filling-output and indenting-output

I do use indenting-output and filling-output ... just tried ablation:
- presence/absence of indenting-output has no effect
- the problem goes away when I remove filling-output, but I don't
  know if that's just because of redraws due to scrolling.
Looks like one more reason to revert to my old hack that did
filling-output by inserting newlines (the other being I want the text
displayed as it is "filled" so the user doesn't have to wait for filling
of a long document to start reading it.)

I think this problem showed up when we started attempting incremental
redisplay, but I'm not sure exactly when, since we were focusing on the
graphics and not the text for a while. Using Scott's suggestion I did
determine that the text disappears when the display is redrawn inside a
call to CLIM:REDISPLAY. (It is drawn correctly when trace shows only my
displayers being called; it is drawn as whitespace when the identical
sequence of calls to my displayers are invoked via clim:redisplay.)

 Dan Suthers           | LRDC, room 505A
 suthers+@pitt.edu     | 3939 O'Hara Street
 (412) 624-7036 office | University of Pittsburgh
 (412) 624-9149 fax    | Pittsburgh, PA 15260

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index