CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MCL CLIM 1.1 bug: define-presentation-type compiler error

CLIM 1.1 + patches  MCL 2.0.1

While compiling the file that contains this definition

(define-presentation-type clasp-pathname ()
   :inherit-from 'pathname
   :options (new-name new-type label))

I get the following error while it is compiling that form:
> Error: value COMPILE-FILE is not of the expected type
CCL::LEXICAL-ENVIRONMENT.
> While executing: CCL::DEFINITION-ENVIRONMENT

>From looking at the backtrace it appears as if
the macro is expanding to code that ends up calling
'find-presentation-type-class' with a third argument of 'COMPILE-FILE.
I believe this argument is supposed to be an environment object.

The same error also occurs during file compilation of this form:

(define-presentation-type partition-clause () :inherit-from 'expression)

Other 'define-presentation-type' forms of similar arguments compile
correctly. The thing both of the erring forms seem to have in common
which is different from the non-erring forms is that they both inherit
from predefined CLIM presentation types.

If I change COMPILE-FILE to NIL in the backtrace window and restart
the frame the compilation proceeds correctly.

The forms compile correctly if compiled using Eval Selection.

- David L. Westbrook

Main Index | Thread Index