CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tracking-ptr across multiple panes

#+Allegro-4.2-pre-release
#+CLIM-2.0-pre-release

is there a good example of this somewhere? I'm trying to do this
again, and NOT use the (formerly, and perhaps still) broken
drag-n-drop clause. (which behaved disastrously in clim-2-beta2)

I have a presentation I'd like to drag from one window (while the
mouse is still down) and release the mouse on top of another
presentation in an adjacent pane. i'm actually dragging file/dir icons
on top of other directory icons. this is some clim-1 code I wrote
early this year that I'm bringing up to date...mostly it works, except
that I get some less than spiffy behavior choices: either I can
cleanly drag-n-drop in the same pane, or I can consistently drop in
all panes, with the problem that anytime I click a file i'm in
dragging mode and so I have to click to get out of it--the only
indication that i'm dragging is the ptr-doc pane's contents not
changing. (ok, I could drag the presentation, but I want that not to
be the default behavior.

 -- clint

Main Index | Thread Index