CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

reducing time overhead of text display (in 1.1)

We had a similar problem with a display that involved scads of text.
Metering revealed that the code was spending most of its time just
creating and installing output records.  We ended up bagging
CLIM:DRAW-TEXT and instead creating one big presentation that covered
the whole output area, using low-level text drawing primitives to do
the output, and doing our own mouse tracking in the highlighting
method for the big presentation.  Pretty gross, but the display was
unacceptably slow otherwise.

--David Gadbois

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index