CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Putting something in an input buffer

    Date: Thu, 6 Jan 1994 17:44 EST
    From: curt@eraserhead.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Curt Eggemeyer)

    >     Is there a way to add a mouse gesture to complete a command instead of
    >     having to hit the <return> key?
    >
    > You could write a presentation action that jams an activation gesture
    > into the input buffer...  Not a bad idea.

    Just how do you jam the #\return activation gesture into the buffer from
    the body of the presentation-action?

    I tried several things without success or is there an undocumented way of
    inserting it.

This will work:

 (clim-utils:queue-put (clim:stream-input-buffer <stream>) #\newline)

This is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Main Index | Thread Index