CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

testing state of pointer buttons

CLIM 1.1 ...

The manual doesn't have anything for testing the state of pointer
buttons. There's only predicates on past pointer events, or ways to wait
for future pointer events. I want to ask whether the pointer button is
pressed NOW, so tracking pointer doesn't do it.

(I need this to check for race conditions: user makes menu selection
that starts a command that itself watches for pointer button events. If
the command starts while the user is still completing the menu selection
gesture, the button release of the menu selection is erroneously read as
the completion of the command.)

Is there something portable across Lucid & MCL (whether supported or
not) that I can use?

 Dan Suthers           | LRDC, room 505A
 suthers+@pitt.edu     | 3939 O'Hara Street
 (412) 624-7036 office | University of Pittsburgh
 (412) 624-9149 fax    | Pittsburgh, PA 15260

Main Index | Thread Index