CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [spr9900] AV panes and Motif menu bars

  Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 17:04:34 +0100
  From: Stefan Hegny <hegny@fzi.de>

  > From buhr@ki6.informatik.uni-hamburg.de Thu Jan 13 16:49:05 1994
  > Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 16:49:50 +0100

  >>   [...] The problem is, after one command has
  >>   been selected from the menu, you can't type anything to the interactor
  >>   any more.
  >>
  >>   It works when I replace ":menu local" with ":command (com-test)", but in
  >>   our application there will be menus instead of simple commands. It even
  >>   doesn't work with this single command in the menu.
  >
  > We've got a similar problem with Motif menu bars and accept values
  > panes.
  > [...]
  > Colin couldn't reproduce this behavior.
  >
  > But I can reproduce the behavior of Stefan's example.
  >
  > May be it's a problem with an outdated Motif library (we have 1.2 or
  > so), but we haven't figured out this yet.
  >
  > Stefan, what Motif version do You use?

  With this Lisp-Image, we use 1.2.

There are a number of bugs with Motif 1.2 and it's interaction with
OpenWindow servers. These have been fixed with Motif 1.2.2 (the final
.2 is important!) as distributed by ICS. It is important that you use
this version to avoid these bugs. You can check if these are the bugs
that are hitting you by running on a non OpenWindows server. If the
problem still persists then the problem is something else and you
should let us know so we can investigate further.

-----
Colin Meldrum, Franz Inc.	1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
colin@Franz.COM (internet)	Berkeley, CA 94704
uunet!franz!colin (uucp)	Phone: (510) 548-3600; FAX: (510) 548-8253

Main Index | Thread Index